Recognitions and Awards
The Board congratulated students receiving Foundation scholarships for 2020 as submitted by Christal Watson, Director of the KCK Schools Foundation for Excellence.
Comments were shared by:
- Melissa Malcolm, MTSS Facilitator at Central Middle School – Topic: First Day of School for Students
- Tammy Haught, teacher and parent – Topic: Policy to Conduct Research in the District
The Board approved renewing the district’s membership in Schools For Fair Funding for 2020-2021 school year.
Reports of the Superintendent
Information Only –
Dr. LaShonda Bilbo-Ervin, Director of Diploma+ presented to the Board an end of the year Diploma+ College and Career Readiness Department Report.
The Board accepted for first read a boundary change proposal for Chelsea Elementary School as prepared by RSP, school planning experts, and as shared by Lenora Miller, Executive Director of Operations.
Action Taken –
- Approved Illuminae DnA and FastBridge Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring contract as submitted by David Rand, DERA.
- Approved negotiated agreement with Teachers bargaining unit for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approved Revised District Calendar making July 3 a paid holiday and December 23 no longer a paid holiday for 261-day employees.
Action Tabled –
- Proposed changes to the Code of Conduct
- District-wide LED lighting upgrade project with Excel Energy Group.
- Human Resources Report and Recommendations
The Board approved:
- Human Resources Report and Recommendations for public libraries.
- Payment of bills for K-12 and the libraries.
Policy Accuracy Review
The Board approved policy GAAA Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination and policy GACC Recruitment and Hiring for posting.
Date set for Board self-evaluation next steps workshop – Friday, July 17 at 9:00 a.m.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held by Zoom on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Posted June 22, 2020