The Board accepted a report on the history and proposed changes to the Neighborhood Revitalization Act and approved the Interlocal Agreement for 2021-2025.
- Bond summer projects presented by Lee Moore, VP, JE Dunn Construction
- Kansas legislative report presented by Bill Brady, Capitol Strategies
- KCK Public Libraries update on reopening the public library system as presented Carol Levers, Director
Reports of the Superintendent
Information Only –
Dennis Covington, Chief Financial Officer, reported to the Board on a proposed change of health insurance provider from Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) to United Health Care (UHC).
The Board accepted a preliminary report on the Phase-in Process for employee and student return for the 2020-2021 school year as presented by Stephen Linkous, Chief of Staff.
A report was given by Lisa Walker, ED of Federal Programs, on expanding the use of the Nepris Connector online platform into each elementary school to strengthen instruction and to increase students’ access to college and career learning opportunities.
Action Taken –
- Approved changes to the District Code of Conduct as submitted by Lisa Garcia Stewart, Director of Student Services.
- Approved district-wide LED lighting upgrade project with Excel Energy.
- Approved contract with Allen, Gibbs, and Houlik, L.C. for auditing services as presented by Tracy Kaiser, ED of Business.
- Approved purchase of the Orton Gillingham-Institute for Multi-Sensory Education (IMSE) Reading Intervention Training and additional resources for the 2020-2021 school year as submitted by Kelli Charles, ED for Schools.
The Board approved:
- Human Resources Reports and Recommendations for the district and the public libraries.
- Payment of bills for K-12 and the libraries.
- Contract renewal with Allovue, the district’s budgeting platform.
- Contract renewals for SPED services with Behavioral Health KC, Lakemary Center, Summit Behavioral Health, SS Education Support and Kansas City Housing Authority.
- Monthly Financial Report
- Date(s) set for Budget workshop – Tuesday, July 7 at 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday, July 14 at 4 p.m. (if needed)
- Post clerk vacancy on Friday, June 26 with a closing date of July 13.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held by Zoom on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Posted June 26, 2020