The Board congratulated several students who are the recipients of a number of recognition and awards that include:
- Music Students Earning State Honors
- Scholarship Recipients
- The Lane Family Scholarships
- The Roy Vanoy Memorial Scholarship
- KCK Foundation for Excellence Scholarships
- Troy Hodges Memorial Scholarships
- Reasons to Believe Scholarships
- The Wyandotte Masonic Lodge Scholarships
- Virginia E. Shinkle Scholarships
- The Promise of Learning Scholarships
- KC Scholars
There were also recognitions for students participating in Robotics as well as the Debate and Forensics Students earning state honors. The Board recognized the Students of the Month and the Employees of the Month for May.
Click here to see the list of award recipients and honorees and view the video to see them honored at the meeting. Congratulations to all of our students!
- Hiring a consultant to conduct an internal audit of Administration. There will be a three-member subcommittee formed to work on the details of the audit to bring to the board for approval.
- The board would like a report before a discussion on May 29 to learn how Administration is approaching the hiring of substitute teachers. During the next regularly scheduled board meeting, this matter will be discussed.
- Updated Policy BCBH – Change in the policy will now read: Unofficial minutes shall be sent to the board proofread, edited and error free within 7 days after each meeting.
- Listening Tour will be held in June to give others an opportunity to participate in the process. A date has not been set for this event.