Reports of the Superintendent
Lisa Walker, Director of Federal Programs and Grants, and Matthew Andersen, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, presented the Continuous Learning Plan and CLP Summary Waiver. The Board voted to add a statement to both documents requiring the Continuous Learning Plan, including contact numbers to obtain additional information, be distributed to each district household in the home language by US mail. Also added, was the requirement that on or near May 1 a satisfaction survey will be distributed for feedback on how the CLP is working. The Board approved the amended documents.
After discussion, the Board approved:
- adjusting the district’s graduation requirements to allow the requirements of the Kansas State Department of Education be used as a minimum for graduating seniors for the 2019-2020 school year only;
- approved freezing GPAs as of the end of the third quarter while allowing students to still complete work which could earn credit, with credit earned in this manner being signified by the letter “P” on transcripts; and,
- approved the purchase of additional concurrent licenses for student access to the Edgenuity online curriculum to support seniors with earning required credits for 2020 graduation.
as presented by Matthew Andersen, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, and Alan King, Interim Assistant Superintendent.
The Board tabled action on the Illuminate DnA and FastBridge Universal Screening the Progress Monitoring Contract until after budget discussions.
KCK Public Libraries
The Board approved to extend the closure of the KCK Public Libraries required by the ‘Shelter at Home’ orders to Monday, April 27, 2020. At that time the Board will re-evaluate the closure with local and state guidance.
The Board approved:
- Human Resources Report and Recommendations.
- Payment of bills for K-12 and the Libraries.
- Contract with Bonner Springs/Edwardsville for second year of Head Start grant.
- Monthly Financial Report.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Posted April 2, 2020