Comments from district staff regarding the Targeted Literacy Program were read by Board members.
- Graduation 2020 – Sharita Hutton, Director of Communications, updated the Board on the status of plans for graduation ceremonies. The Board discussed results from a survey of district seniors.
- Bond projects – Lee Moore, JE Dunn, presented the bond budget tracking report and updated the Board on current bond projects.
Reports of the Superintendent
Dennis Covington, Chief Financial Officer, presented, as an informational report, the Superintendent’s proposed budget for 2020-2021. Board members will discuss the proposed budget at a workshop on Saturday, May 30.
KCK Public Libraries
The Board accepted the plan for a staggered re-opening of the public libraries as presented by Carol Levers, Director of Libraries.
The Board approved:
- Human Resources Report and Recommendations.
- Payment of bills for K-12 and the libraries.
- Monthly Financial Report
- Low bid of $641,755.75 from C&C Produce for fall/winter 2020 produce vendor.
The Board tabled action on the proposed changes to the district’s Code of Conduct.
The Board approved the proposed changes to policies GAAB Complaints of Discrimination, GAAA Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination, GACC Recruitment and Hiring, GACCA Nepotism and GAHB Political Activities.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held by Zoom on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Posted May 29, 2020