At KCKPS we want you to grow as a professional. KCKPS offers district-wide, ongoing professional learning opportunities that inspire staff to be life-long learners. Our focus is to build capacity, and to strengthen the knowledge, skills, practices, values and expectations of all KCKPS employees. Effective professional learning is vital to engineering the current and future successes of our students.
Professional Learning includes:
- providing consulting services to schools/departments around intervention, climate and culture, instructional strategies and leadership development
- collaboratively developing, offering and implementing a variety of strategies and programs to attain district and student achievement goals
- providing training and support for new administrators, teachers, and classified staff
- researching and facilitating a variety of new programs and services to support training needs of staff
- collaborating with a variety of educational agencies to offer resources and skill development
- coordinating with universities/colleges to develop and implement professional development schools in the district