Centralized Enrollment

What Is Needed For Enrollment?

What is required to enroll a new student in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools? Whenever a child is enrolling in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools for the first time the parent/guardian is required to provide the following:

  • Proof of Address (bring one item): A utility bill (gas, water, electric, or phone), Rental Agreement or Mortgage Agreement or Driver’s license with current address or mail that includes name and current address. (Please Note: Mail addressed to “Resident” or “Current Resident” is not considered a valid proof of address.)
  • Proof of Identity: Certified copy of state issued birth certificate. (Please Note: Wallet size birth certificates and hospital certificates are not accepted.)
  • Record of Immunizations: A Kansas Certificate of Immunization for each child. All students in the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools are required to have up-to-date immunization records before starting school.
  • Physical Exam/Health Assessment: Children 9 years of age or younger that are new to the district will be required to have a physical examination no more than 12 months old on file before starting school. Those coming from another school in Kansas must present a copy of the physical health assessment when enrolling in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools.
  • Certified transcripts of school records

Staff will be onsite to assist with translation, if needed. Call Student Services at 913.279.2248 for more information.