Nutritional Services Information
Who is eligible to receive a meal?
All children from the age 1 to 18.
Where are meals being distributed for students?
Currently meals are available for pick-up between the hours of 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the following six locations:
- Arrowhead Middle School- 1715 N. 82nd Street
- Wyandotte High School- 2501 Minnesota Avenue
- Schlagle High School – 2214 N. 59th Street
- JC Harmon High School – 2400 Steele Road
- Rosedale Middle School – 3600 Springfield Street
- Banneker Elementary School – 2026 N. 4th Street
When are meals being distributed?
Meals are available for pick up daily from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. We serve breakfast meals along with lunch.
What is the menu for meals served for breakfast and lunch?
Breakfast will include a breakfast bar, juice and milk.
Lunch will include items such as deli sandwiches, fruit cups, veggies and milk.
How are families able to get a meal who do not have transportation?
We are always reviewing alternative options to provide our students easier access to receive meals. However, due to the local and state orders listed below, we are limited on our options to disseminate food.
- Stay-at-Home order in effect until Thursday, April 23, 2020
- No public gatherings of more than 10 people
- Social distancing protocol
Due to the orders listed above, we are not allowed to deliver meals.
Why hasn’t KCKPS considered a bus stop delivery service to students?
Due to the size of our school district and the participating number of students and
families gathering at each stop we could potentially violate the local Stay-at-Home order
which prevents large gatherings of more than 10 people.
Why can’t we allow groups to pick-up meals for students who don’t have transportation or live too far to walk to a meal pick up location?
Due to regulations by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), meals can only be
distributed to a child between the ages of 1 to 18. Every child receiving the meal must be
present at the time of distribution.