Tonight, the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools Board voted to highly encourage all eligible staff and on-site volunteers to get vaccinated against COVID-19 or agree to weekly testing. Your safety and health, the health of our students, and the safety of the community was the driving force behind tonight’s decision. You might be wondering what this means for you:
- All vaccinated staff members will be asked to file their immunization record on or before December 3rd, 2021. The district will have more information soon on how to upload your documentation.
- Staff who do not comply with the testing policy and do not have vaccination on file, will be subject to KCKPS Progressive Discipline Policy.
- All USD 500 staff that provide proof of vaccination will receive 5 additional sick leave days to their annual contract for the 2021-2022 school year (This will be pro-rated if the staff member is not a full-time employee).
- A maximum of 14 sick days will be covered if a staff member is out sick with COVID-19 from a work exposure.
Currently, the district is working on a time line to have the reporting of vaccination records, with a goal of testing those that are not vaccinated by the week of December 6th, 2021.
For those that choose to be tested, we are expecting results to be back within 24 to 48 hours.
- We will pilot testing at specific sites prior to system-wide roll-out
- We would look to begin system wide COVID-19 testing the week of December 6th, 2021
- Results will be available for testing within 24-48 hours
We know all of this news will lead to more questions. Please know we are working to get them all answered and will have more information for you in the coming days.
Posted October 12, 2021