Welcome to Federal Programs
Congratulations to New Stanley Elementary School, recognized at the 2020 National ESEA Conference and selected to represent the state of Kansas, for closing the achievement gap between student groups for two or more consecutive years.
TITLE I, PART A, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), is a federally funded program which provides supplemental support to students in high poverty schools. These funds are used to support schools in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools by providing opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge and skills identified in the challenging Kansas College and Career Ready State Standards. Title I, Part A funds provide resources to schools where the needs are the most significant through:
- Supplemental academic, social-emotional and health supports,
- Increasing professional development opportunities for staff,
- Engaging parents in authentic opportunities to participate in their students’ education, and
- School improvement planning that aligns the instructional focus of each campus to the District’s KESA Goals and Strategic Plan.
TITLE II, PART A, funds are used to provide supplemental activities in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools that strengthen the quality and effectiveness of teachers, principals, and other school leaders. The purpose of Title II, Part A is to:
- Increase student achievement consistent with state standards,
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of teachers, principals, and other school leaders,
- Increase the number of teachers, principals, and other school leaders who are effective in improving student academic achievement in schools, and
- Provide low-income and minority students greater access to effective teachers, principals, and other school leaders.
TITLE III, PART A, provides funding for multilingual services to support Bilingual and English as a Second Language Education in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools. These alternative language programs are for all students identified as English learners, immigrant, migrant and refugee. The purpose Title III, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as reauthorized under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), aims to ensure that English learners (ELs) and immigrant students attain English proficiency and develop high levels of academic achievement in English.
Title IV, Part A, the Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grant was reauthorized by (ESSA) the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. Title IV, Part A provides funds to increase the capacity of Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools to meet the following three goals:
- Provide all students access to a well-rounded education,
- Improve academic outcomes by maintaining safe and healthy students, and
- Improve the use of technology to advance student academic achievement.