Sumner Academy of Arts and Science Applications 2021-22
The online application will not be open until 11/2/2020 at 8:00 a.m., and will close on 12/4/2020 at 4 p.m. It can be found below and also on our social media pages (Facebook and Twitter).
Changes for 2021-2022 Application Process:
- Every student, including 7th graders, must complete an online application to be considered for eligibility into Sumner Academy of Arts and Science.
- The application window ends on December 4, 2020.
- Testing will be conducted by appointment in mid December at the school of attendance. Make sure to note on your application if you need transportation.
- Appeal window is tentatively set for January 18-29, 2021.
Screen 1 – Academic Criteria
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 with no grade of “F” during the 2019-2020 school year and the first semester of 2020-2021 school year in the following core areas: English, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Interested students must receive one of the following Fastbridge score combinations:
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test.
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test
- Testing will be conducted by appointment only. Students will receive notification of their appointment time.
(Students meeting these academic requirements will proceed to Screen 2.)
Screen 2 – Attendance and Behavior Criteria
Records of students will be reviewed to determine their attendance and behavior in the 2019-2020 School Year and the first semester of the 2020-2021 School Year. Requirements are:
- Eligible students based on attendance shall be those who have five or fewer unexcused absences per semester contained in grade six and the first semester of grade seven.
- Eligible students based on behavior shall be those who have no more than one suspension per semester contained in grades six and the first semester of grade seven.
Students may also be admitted to Sumner Academy of Arts and Science in grades 9 and 10, if they meet academic and behavior standards and if space is available.
All 7th, 8th & 9th grade students meeting the standards who wish to enroll for the 8th, 9th or 10th grade can apply online. A committee will review all requests.
Questions that relate to eligibility to attend Sumner Academy should be directed to your child’s school counselor or call the office of Mrs. Lisa Stewart, Director of Student Services, at 913.279.2248.