The Sumner Application Window for the 2021-22 school year is now closed.
What are the requirements?
Screen 1 – Academic Criteria
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 with no grade of “F” during the 2019-2020 school year and the first semester of 2020-2021 school year in the following core areas: English, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Interested students must receive one of the following Fastbridge score combinations:
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test.
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test
- Testing will be conducted by appointment only. Students will receive notification of their appointment time.
(Students meeting these academic requirements will proceed to Screen 2.)
Screen 2 – Attendance and Behavior Criteria
Records of students will be reviewed to determine their attendance and behavior in the 2019-2020 School Year and the first semester of the 2020-2021 School Year. Requirements are:
- Eligible students based on attendance shall be those who have five or fewer unexcused absences per semester contained in grade six and the first semester of grade seven.
- Eligible students based on behavior shall be those who have no more than one suspension per semester contained in grades six and the first semester of grade seven.
How do you apply?
Applications are closed, but the appeal process is up from May 17th through May 21st, 2021. Click here to appeal.
When will you know if you are accepted?
Students will receive letters of acceptance or denial the week of May 10th. Appeals will be accepted the week of May 17th.
If you need more information, please call Student Services at 913-279-2248.
Posted April 27, 2021