Sumner Application Window 2022-2023
The Sumner Academy admissions window will open on Monday, November 29. Every student in grades 7th, 8th, 9th, interested in applying for Sumner must complete the online application. The window will close on Friday, January 28 at noon and applications will not be accepted after the window closes.
What are the requirements?
Screen 1 – Academic Criteria
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 with no grade of “F” during the 2019-2020 school year and the first semester of 2020-2021 school year in the following core areas: English, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Interested students must receive one of the following Fastbridge score combinations:
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test.
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test
(Students meeting these academic requirements will proceed to Screen 2.)
Screen 2 – Attendance and Behavior Criteria
Records of students will be reviewed to determine their attendance and behavior in the 2019-2020 School Year and the first semester of the 2020-2021 School Year. Requirements are:
- Eligible students based on attendance shall be those who have five or fewer unexcused absences per semester contained in grade six and the first semester of grade seven.
- Eligible students based on behavior shall be those who have no more than one suspension per semester contained in grades six and the first semester of grade seven.
How do you apply?
When will you know if you are accepted?
Students will receive letters of acceptance or denial the month of March. Appeal information will be shared in all letters for parents if their student does not meet the criteria.
If you need more information, please call Student Services at 913-279-2248.