Live Yoga Classes via Zoom Meeting
Posted April 29, 2020
Posted April 27, 2020
Changes to 2019-20 Wellness Requirements
Posted April 15, 2020
Please see these changes to the wellness requirements for the 2019/2020 school year, that apply to your 2021 health insurance. There is a flyer attached with additional information.
To view your points:
- Go to www.mybluekc.com
- login to the website – if you do not know your username/password, you can use the prompts on the screen or call Blue Cross at (816) 395-3558. If you have never logged in to the Blue KC website before you will need to create an account.
You will need to have your health insurance ID card handy when you do this.
- Once logged in click on A Healthier You (under “My Quicklinks” on the Blue KC home page)
- On the main A Healthier You page your points are in the upper right corner. If you have earned a minimum of 2700 points, then you are complete for the 2019/2020 school year. You should also see a box towards the top of the page that says KCKPS Employee Wellness Program. It will say “Complete” once you have earned the minimum points.
Monthly reminders will be going out directly to employees who have not met the points minimum.
Please contact Stephanie Faris, Employee Wellness Coordinator with any questions: Stephanie.Faris@kckps.org or (913) 279-2030.
The new EAP site is LIVE!
Visit eap.ndbh.com today.
When life gets tricky to navigate, you turn to the New Directions Employee Assistance (EAP) site to seek guidance and resources for you and your family. Now, it’s easier than ever to check out and use services that are part of your no-cost employee benefit. Besides a fresh look and feel, enhancements include:
- A dedicated website. A new url – eap.ndbh.com – takes you directly to the EAP site vs. wading through other options on our home page.
- 24/7/365 non-clinical chat. Now you can ask benefit questions or get referrals to people and places that reduce your stress at any time.
- Webinar center. A one-stop shop helps you easily register for live events and revisit past ones on your own time.
- All your services in one place. The EAP has so many services, it can be hard to know where to start. Now you can see them all in one view to help guide you to where you can use the most help, whether you know what you need or not.
- Support options made easier. In one place, you can see the different ways counseling is offered, as well as coaching and how to quickly request or access them.
Get familiar with the new site by visiting eap.ndbh.com and log in using your existing company code. Remember, the urls you used to visit to access EAP services now automatically direct to the new site. A quick reference guide can help you get familiar with the new experience.
Getting support when things are tough should be easy.
The new EAP employee site offers the same helpful experience you’re used to, plus some. You’ll still be able to:
- Request counseling sessions for you or your family
- Manage your stress around things like money, work, relationships, etc.
- Get the latest news and support in times of crisis, like COVID-19
- Schedule a consult with a financial or legal expert to address your specific situation
- Get vetted information on hard-to-address topics like substance use, suicide, parenting and mental health
- And much more!
Ready to start promoting the new url? Digital versions of the wallet card, live webinar handout, pre-recorded webinar handout and Intro to EAP are available. Questions? Connect with your HR department or your New Directions account manager.
CBIZ WellBeing Insights
Kansas City Kansas Public Schools believes a healthy, vibrant workforce is a key component to our success and growth. We proudly offer a wide variety of opportunities that allow our staff to focus on their health and overall wellbeing.
- Free Employee Fitness Center
- Blue KC A Healthier You program
- Free Biometric Health Screenings
- Wellbeing Challenges
- On-site Employee Wellness Coordinator
- Flu Shot Clinics
- Employee Assistance Program through New Directions Behavioral Health